Scenic & Wildlife

Scenic and wildlife images, principally of the Sonoran Desert area of the Southwest, in and around Arizona.
(Click Pictures To Enlarge)

Wednesday, May 2, 2012


It seems if you don't carry your camera with you most everywhere you are taking a chance on missing that "once in a lifetime" shot. Earlier on the day I shot this I was sitting on my patio swing and my little female Jack Russell was laying on a blanket in front of me under our hummingbird feeder. A hummingbird stopped at the feeder and apparently curious about this creature laying under the feeder dropped down and hoovered directly in front of her only about 1 foot away and maybe 8 inches above her. It hung there for several seconds and for some reason the dog just watched it. That in itself surprised me, as Molly likes nothing better than to try catching every bird she sees, but she just lay there watching the bird till it left.
The whole point of this post is that this would have made an extremely cool shot, but my camera was in my office, about 15 feet away and I missed a great shot because it was!  On the other hand, if it hadn't been for missing that shot, I probably wouldn't have had my camera with me to get this shot!
Fly Me To The Moon


No comments:

Post a Comment